Mindfulness courses for Teenagers
I am trained to deliver the .b course which is the UK’s leading mindfulness curriculum for 11-18 year olds in schools. Designed by the Mindfulness in Schools Project (MiSP) .b stands for ‘stop and be’, a simple practice at the heart of this ten lesson course.
Each .b lesson lasts between 40-60 minutes and is expertly crafted for use in the classroom to teach a distinct mindfulness skill.
Lesson 1: An Introduction to Mindfulness
Lesson 2: Playing Attention
Lesson 3: Taming the Animal Mind
Lesson 4: Recognising Worry
Lesson 5: Being Here Now
Lesson 6: Moving Mindfully
Lesson 7: Stepping Back
Lesson 8: Befriending the Difficult
Lesson 9: Taking in the Good
Lesson 10: Putting it All Together
.b aims to help young people:
- To improve their concentration and focus, in classes, in exams and tests, on the sports field, when playing games, when paying attention and listening to others.
- To fulfil their potential and pursue their own goals e.g. be more creative, more relaxed, both academically and personally.
- To experience greater well-being (e.g. feel happier, calmer, more fulfilled).
- To work with difficult mental states such as anxious thoughts and low moods.
- To cope with the everyday stresses and strains of adolescent life such as exams, relationships, sleep problems, family issues.